Tropical Storm Debby Survivors Should Submit Insurance Settlements

Main Content
Release date: 
September 20, 2012
Release Number: 

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Tropical Storm Debby survivors who registered with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and indicated they had insurance coverage should send in their settlement information for review.

The insurance settlement documents allow FEMA to determine if survivors have uninsured or underinsured losses eligible for federal assistance. Decisions on FEMA assistance are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

To submit insurance documentation, here’s what applicants can do:

  • Gather insurance documents and any settlement information.
  • Write the applicant’s name, FEMA registration number and 4068-DR-FL on each page.
  • Send a copy of these documents to FEMA by:

                      Fax:                 800-827-8112

                      Mail:                 National Processing Service Center

                                              P.O. Box 10055

                                              Hyattsville, MD 20782-8055

  • Call FEMA with questions at 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585. Lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and assistance is available in many languages.

For more information on Florida’s disaster recovery, visit or On Facebook, go to To receive Twitter updates: or

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 800-462-7585 directly; if you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), all 800-621-3362.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.



Last Updated: 
October 28, 2014 - 15:05
Back to Top