Two Weeks Left For Local Agencies To Apply For Federal Assistance

Main Content
Release date: 
September 5, 2012
Release Number: 
RV-4077-001

DUBLIN, OH – The deadline is nearing for State agencies, local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations in 37 designated counties to apply for federal aid to help offset expenses related to emergency work and the repair or replacement of facilities damaged by severe storms and straight-line winds June 29 – 2 July.

President Obama’s Aug. 20 disaster declaration authorized federal assistance after the series of storms and straight line winds hit Ohio late June early July.  Applicants must submit RPA forms within 30 days of the date of disaster designation.

Officials in the following designated counties have until Sept. 19 to submit a Request for Public Assistance (RPA) form to the Ohio Emergency Management Agency (OEMA):

Adams, Allen, Athens, Auglaize, Belmont, Champaign, Clark, Coshocton, Fairfield, Franklin, Gallia, Guernsey, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Highland, Hocking, Jackson, Knox, Lawrence, Licking, Logan, Meigs, Miami, Monroe, Morgan, Morrow, Muskingum, Noble, Paulding, Perry, Pickaway, Pike, Putnam, Shelby, Van Wert, and Washington Counties 

"We want to ensure that resources are allocated to every agency that is eligible," said Michael W. Moore, federal coordinating officer for the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

FEMA's Public Assistance program pays 75 percent of eligible cost and each applicant is responsible for the remaining 25% percent non-federal balance.   For more information or questions on eligibility, officials should contact their local County Emergency Management Agency director.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

# # #

Last Updated: 
September 6, 2012 - 09:31
State/Tribal Government or Region: