Main Content
Release date: 
August 26, 2012
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY –The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and others will provide application assistance at a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) opening in Mannford, Okla. to those impacted by the Aug. 3-14 wildfire in Creek County.

“Hundreds of Oklahomans lost everything in this devastating fire. We are glad those in Creek County now have this chance to begin the assistance process,” said State Coordinating Officer and Deputy Director Michelann Ooten.

“We are here to support the survivors in their efforts to recover from this disaster,” said Federal Coordinating Officer William J. Doran III.
The Disaster Recovery Center opens Monday, Aug. 27, 2012:
Hours of Operation   Begin Monday at noon and then 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mon.-Sat. and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. until further notice.

101 Green Valley Road (next to the public library)
Mannford, OK 74044

Registering for assistance before visiting a DRC will shorten applicants’ time at the center. However, visiting a center is not required to be considered for assistance.
Homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and nonprofit organizations can register online at www.disasterassistance.gov, via web-enabled phone at m.fema.gov, or by calling FEMA’s toll-free numbers: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585. If you use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362. Specialists are available by phone from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time seven days a week.
Representatives from OEM, FEMA and SBA will be available to answer questions, help with disaster loan applications and provide recovery information. Written materials about various assistance programs and other agencies will also be available to individuals and business owners. FEMA does not distribute cash, checks, debit cards or vouchers at the DRC.

SBA offers disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private, nonprofit organizations for their uncompensated losses. Homeowners may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence. Homeowners and renters may borrow up to $40,000 to replace personal property. Businesses may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace their property damage and/or economic losses. 

For information on SBA disaster loans, call (800) 659-2955 (TTY 1-800-977-8339), or online at www.sba.gov.
For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, click on www.fema.gov/disaster/4078
or www.oem.ok.gov. Information can also be accessed via web-enabled phone at m.fema.gov.

Last Updated: 
August 27, 2012 - 10:41
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top