Main Content

Kentucky Clock is Ticking - Three Weeks Left to Register With FEMA

Main Content
Release date: 
April 13, 2012
Release Number: 

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Survivors of the severe storms, tornadoes and flood of Feb. 29 through March 3 have only three weeks before the May 7 deadline to register with The Federal Emergency Management Agency to determine eligibility for federal disaster assistance.

Disaster officials urge everyone who suffered damage or losses from the storms to register for assistance, and this includes those who may have had insurance to cover some of their losses. Insurance may not cover all losses.

There are three quick and simple methods to register with FEMA:

  • By phone, call 800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Assistance is available in many languages. Those who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have a speech disability may use TTY 800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service should call 800-621-3362.
  • By computer, go online to

The deadline for returning applications for low-interest loans from the SBA is also May 7.

Completion of the SBA loan application does not obligate an applicant to take out a loan, but the information in the application may be used to determine qualification for further federal assistance through FEMA’s Other Needs Assistance program.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.


Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: