FEMA Disaster Recovery Center in Menifee County Closes Friday

Main Content
Release date: 
March 28, 2012
Release Number: 

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- FEMA announces that the Disaster Recovery Center in Menifee County will close Friday, March 30, 2012 at 6 p.m. but disaster assistance will be only a toll-free phone call away.

If you have questions after the Menifee County recovery center closes or have not registered for assistance, call 800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time. Assistance is available in many languages. Those who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have a speech disability may use TTY 800 - 462-7585.

The center is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. through March 30 at the following address:

Menifee County Fire Station
44 McCausey Ridge Road
Frenchburg, KY 40322

Survivors can visit any disaster recovery center in Kentucky. They can find other centers by calling the FEMA helpline or by using the disaster recovery center locator at www.fema.gov/drclocator

Disaster Recovery Centers continue to be in operation in the following locations:

Johnson County:
Paintsville Recreation Center
232 Preston Street
Paintsville, KY 41240

Kenton County:
Goshen Christian Church
1773 Bracht Piner Road
Morning View, KY 41063

Lawrence County:
Lawrence County Community Center
180 Bulldog Lane
Louisa, KY 41230

Magoffin County:
First Baptist Church
134 Dixie Avenue
Salyersville, KY 41465

Martin County:
Roy F. Collier Community Center
387 E. Main Street
Inez, KY 41224

Morgan County:
Kentucky Housing Corporation
1084 Highway 7
West Liberty, KY 41472

Pendleton County:
Butler Baptist Church
107 Peoples Street
Butler, KY 41006

Disaster Recovery Centers provide survivors a one-stop location to get information that helps them through the recovery process.

The first step for individuals and businesses toward obtaining recovery assistance is to register with FEMA:

  • By phone, call 800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time. Assistance is available in many languages. Those who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have a speech disability may use TTY 800 - 462-7585.
  • By computer, go online to www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
  • By smartphone or tablet, use m.fema.gov.

Survivors who have questions about their registration may call the FEMA helpline at the number listed above. Survivors who are having difficulty registering also may go to a recovery center for assistance.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to ...

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top