Last Chance to Visit Disaster Recovery Center in Perry County

Main Content
Release date: 
February 16, 2012
Release Number: 

PELHAM, Ala. -- Tornado survivors in Perry County have until Saturday to visit the Disaster Recovery Center in Marion at the Chamber of Commerce (The Old Depot) located at 1200 Washington St. Specialists are there to help survivors of the January 22-23 tornadoes. People who need services in Perry County should visit the center by Saturday, Feb. 18, before 6 p.m.

When disaster survivors visit a center, they can sit down with a variety of specialists for answers to specific questions or help completing FEMA registration. This one-on-one help is available to homeowners, renters, businesses and qualified non-profits.

The deadline to apply for individual assistance through FEMA is April 2.

Representatives of the U.S. Small Business Administration also are available at the recovery center to help survivors with applications for low-interest disaster loans available to homeowners, renters, and businesses of all sizes. The deadline to return loan applications to SBA is also April 2, 2012.

Help is always available by calling FEMA’s toll-free helpline at 800-621-3362, which is video relay service accessible. Lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and assistance is available in most languages. Those who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call TTY 800-462-7585. 

Online registration is available at or through a Web-enabled device or Smartphone with the FEMA app or by visiting

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 800-462-7585 directly; if you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top