Disaster Recovery Center Open In Perry County

Main Content
Release date: 
February 13, 2012
Release Number: 

PELHAM, Ala. – A disaster recovery center is open in Perry County to help those whose homes or businesses were affected by the Jan. 22-23 severe storms and tornadoes. 

Representatives from the Alabama Emergency Management Agency, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Small Business Administration and other agencies will be at the center to answer questions about available disaster assistance. 

The center is located at the Perry County Chamber of Commerce (Old Marion Depot) at

1200 Washington St. in Marion. Hours of operation are from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Survivors are urged to register with FEMA for disaster assistance before visiting the center.

Federal disaster assistance for individuals and families can include grants for rental assistance and home repairs, low-interest loans from the SBA and other programs to help recover from the effects of the disaster.

No matter the degree of loss or insurance coverage, survivors are urged to apply for help. They can use any of the following methods:

  1. Call 800-621-FEMA (3362), which is video relay service accessible, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Assistance is available in most languages. People who are deaf or hard of hearing may call (TTY) 800-462-7585.
  2. Go online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
  3. Go to m.fema.gov with a tablet or smartphone.

Homeowners, renters and businesses that need disaster help may contact the SBA directly at the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or TTY for those who are deaf or hard of hearing is available at 800-877-8339 or by sending an email to disastercustomerservice@sba.gov. Apply for disaster loans at www.disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top