ALBANY, N.Y. -- Mitigation experts from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will be in a Broome County home improvement store this week and next week to offer advice on ways to protect your home from future disasters.
They will be at Lowe’s, 1318 Upper Front St., Binghamton, N.Y. 13901 from Friday, Nov. 11 to Wednesday, Nov. 16, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. They will NOT be available on Thursday, Nov. 17.
They return Friday, Nov. 18 to Sunday, Nov. 20, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The mitigation experts will provide information on:
- Cleaning mold and mildew;
- Elevating electrical services and appliances;
- Installing sewer backflow valves;
- Removing and replacing drywall and insulation;
- Channeling water away from foundations;
- Repairing with water-resistant materials; and
- The permitting process required for rebuilding.
More information on ways to protect your home from future disasters is available at: www.fema.gov. Choose the menu for Recover and Rebuild.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.