ALBANY, N.Y. -- Mitigation experts from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will offer advice this week on ways to protect your home from future disasters at a home improvement store in Orange County.
The FEMA experts will be at:
3924 Summerville Way
Chester, N.Y. 10918
Hours are: Friday, Nov. 4, to Wednesday, Nov. 9, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Due to the weather conditions this past weekend, FEMA Experts have postponed their planned visit to the Lowe’s in Rockland County, 100 Overlook Boulevard, Nanuet, N.Y. 10954 that was scheduled from Nov. 4 to Nov. 9.
The mitigation experts will provide information on:
- Cleaning mold and mildew;
- Elevating electrical services and appliances;
- Installing sewer backflow valves;
- Removing and replacing drywall and insulation;
- Channeling water away from foundations;
- Repairing with water-resistant materials; and
- The permitting process required for rebuilding.
More information on ways to protect your home from future disasters is available at: www.fema.gov. Choose the menu for Recover and Rebuild.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.