Main Content

Federal/State Disaster Assistance in Wright County Reaches $101,685

Release date: 
November 3, 2011
Release Number: 

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- As the six-month anniversary of the May 9, 2011, presidential disaster declaration for Missouri approaches, federal disaster grants and loans in Wright County have reached $101,685, according to disaster recovery officials today.

November 9, 2011 marks six months since the declaration for disaster damages that occurred from April 19 through June 6.

The state of Missouri, FEMA Public Assistance program has obligated $101,685 to Missouri for reimbursements of disaster-related expenses and damages in Wright County.  The PA program provides grants to reimburse disaster related emergency protective measures, debris removal and repair or restoration of disaster damaged infrastructure.

The state of Missouri manages the Public Assistance program.  FEMA provides a minimum of 75 percent of PA funding.  The other 25 percent comes from non federal sources.  FEMA sends the funds to the state and the state pays the local applicants.

Statewide, PA grants have reached $8,326,551.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: