COLUMBIA, Mo. -- As the six-month anniversary of the May 9, 2011, presidential disaster declaration for Missouri approaches, federal disaster grants and loans in Mississippi County have reached $3,611,133, according to disaster recovery officials today.
November 9, 2011 marks six months since the declaration for disaster damages that occurred from April 19 through June 6.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Individuals and Household Program has provided 250 households in Mississippi County with total grants of $1,690,662.
IHP’s Housing Assistance program provides grants to temporarily house those who cannot or should not live in a disaster damaged primary dwelling.
IHP’s Other Needs Assistance program provides grants for medical, dental or funeral expenses directly. For residents not referred to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loan program and those declined by SBA it may provide grants for lost personal property, transportation, storage or other essential needs not met by other assistance programs
Statewide, IHP grants to 6,424 households have reached $35,415,898.
The SBA has provided $944,300 in federal disaster loans for Mississippi County residents and businesses.
Statewide, the SBA has approved $46,588,600 to help Missouri residents and businesses in their recovery.
The state of Missouri, FEMA Public Assistance program has obligated $976,171 to Missouri for reimbursements of disaster-related expenses and damages in Mississippi County. The PA program provides grants to reimburse disaster related emergency protective measures, debris removal and repair or restoration of disaster damaged infrastructure.
The state of Missouri manages the Public Assistance program. FEMA provides a minimum of 75 percent of PA funding. The other 25 percent comes from non federal sources. FEMA sends the funds to the state and the state pays the local applicants.
Statewide, PA grants have reached $8,326,551.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.