ALBANY, N.Y. -- Mitigation experts from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will be in a Broome County store this week.
They will be at Lowe’s, 225 Sycamore Road, Vestal, NY 13850. The hours are Friday, Oct. 21 to Wednesday, Oct. 26, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The mitigation experts will provide information on:
- Cleaning mold and mildew;
- Elevating electrical services and appliances;
- Installing sewer back-flow valves;
- Removing and replacing drywall and insulation;
- Channeling water away from foundations;
- Repairing with water-resistant materials; and
- The permitting process required for rebuilding.
More information on ways to protect your home from future disasters is available at: www.fema.gov. Choose the menu for Recover and Rebuild.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.