Change of Address, Phone # Needed From Displaced Applicants

Main Content
Release date: 
October 7, 2011
Release Number: 

WESTFIELD, Mass. – Some residents in Berkshire and Franklin counties who have applied for federal disaster assistance cannot be contacted by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). They have moved and left no forwarding address or new contact phone number. Without an updated change of address, mail cannot be forwarded and may cause important information or checks to be returned.

“Some federally-issued checks must be mailed directly to the recipient and cannot be forwarded,” said Federal Coordinating Officer Mark H. Landry. “Those displaced by the disaster are encouraged to contact any agencies from whom they expect to receive checks and provide them with an updated mailing address.”

Each time an applicant moves, they need to notify FEMA to update their new address and phone number. Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585 for individuals with a speech or hearing disability - from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, online at or by smart phone at

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top