Main Content

One Phone Number to Register and Get Information

Main Content
Release date: 
September 9, 2011
Release Number: 

CONCORD, NH — Residents of Grafton and Carroll counties who suffered damages to their dwellings in the recent floods are encouraged to register by calling the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) 1-800-621-3362 and to dial the same number for the FEMA Helpline. If you use a TTY, call 1-800-462-7585 directly. If you use 711-Relay or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362 or online at

Completing the application takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes. When you register, you will be assigned a nine-digit registration number. Make sure to write down this number and keep it safe. You will need the number to track the progress of your claim with FEMA, but do not disclose the number to others to protect yourself from fraud.

"Calling the 800-line to register their losses with FEMA is the first step in getting federal assistance," said Director Christopher M. Pope of N.H. Homeland Security and Emergency Management. "We strongly encourage everyone in Carroll and Grafton counties who suffered any losses attributable to Tropical Storm Irene to call and register."

People living in the two counties can apply for assistance from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily until further notice. After registering for disaster assistance, applicants can use the Helpline to update or check on the status of their application.

"People may not know they are eligible for FEMA assistance," said Federal Coordinating Officer Albie Lewis. "It costs nothing to register and it is the only way to find out if assistance is available to assist in their recovery."

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders and to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top