FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Since being designated for Individual Assistance May 19, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Commonwealth of Kentucky have approved more than $12 million in assistance to Kentuckians affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding from April 12 to May 20.
FEMA has approved $8,230,864 in Individual Assistance as part of the ongoing recovery efforts for residents of 22 Commonwealth counties. The funds help residents repair their damaged homes, replace uninsured personal property and find temporary housing following the disaster. The SBA has approved loans totaling $3,809, 800 for individuals and businesses.
- 1,946 Kentuckians in designated counties have registered for FEMA assistance.
- 1,076 applicants have been approved for aid as of July 14.
- $7.3 million has been approved for housing assistance.
- $853,937 has been approved for other needs assistance.
- 1,598 inspections of damaged properties have been conducted, including 57 in the last seven days.
- 1,264 U.S. Small Business Administration loan applications have been issued.
- $3.8 million in SBA loans have been approved for 75 applicants.
- 54 Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) claims have been filed with the Kentucky Education and Workforce Cabinet, Office of Employment and Training.
- 53 DUA claims have been approved as of July 14.
Individual assistance is available in the following counties: Ballard, Boyd, Carlisle, Carroll, Crittenden, Daviess, Floyd, Fulton, Graves, Hardin, Henderson, Hickman, Jefferson, Johnson, Lawrence, Livingston, Marshall, McCracken, McLean, Pike, Union and Webster.
Kentuckians in the affected counties have until Monday - July 18 - to register with FEMA.
Individuals can register with FEMA or ask questions about an existing application by calling FEMA's toll-free Helpline at 800-621-FEMA (3362). The TTY number is 800-462-7585. Or go online to www.disasterassistance.gov or through smartphone or tablet to m.fema.gov.
Information about the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the disaster loan application is available by calling 800-659-2955 or visiting SBA online at www.SBA.gov.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.