Does Your Mobile Home Insurance Cover Flood?

Main Content
Release date: 
July 11, 2011
Release Number: 

BISMARCK, N.D. – North Dakota residents whose mobile homes have been flooded will need to provide proof that their mobile home insurance has no flood coverage before they can receive disaster housing assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

Unlike regular homeowner policies which do not cover flood, some mobile home policies do include flood coverage.

Disaster survivors with mobile home insurance will be contacted by FEMA staff to request applicants submit proof of a flood exclusion in their policy by either faxing, mailing or bringing the insurance documents to one of the Disaster Recovery Centers.

Residents who plan to stop by the DRC are urged to register for assistance before their visit. The registration line is open daily 6 a.m. to midnight (CDT) until further notice. The call is free.

The only way to register with FEMA is to call 1-800-621-3362 (TTY 1-800-462-7585) or go online at or Individuals may also register by smart phone at

Calling any other local or state number will not get you registered for FEMA assistance.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: 
Back to Top