Main Content

After Registering With FEMA, Submit SBA Application

Main Content
Release date: 
June 30, 2011
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla -- State and federal officials have an important message for homeowners, renters and business owners in the seven Oklahoma counties declared disaster areas due to the May 22-25 storms and tornadoes: To be considered for all types of disaster assistance complete and submit your U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loan application.

"If you received an SBA application, but haven't returned it, please take another look," said Federal Coordinating Officer William J. Doran III. "Homeowners and renters who do not submit their SBA applications stop the disaster assistance process. If you have questions or need assistance, call FEMA or the SBA, they'll be glad to help."

Most applicants receive an SBA disaster loan application after they register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Some people don't know these loans are for homeowners and renters, as well as businesses of all sizes; or, they ignore the application because they do not think they will qualify for or need a federal disaster loan.

"We have seen people take themselves out of the assistance process," said State Coordinating Officer and OEM Director Albert Ashwood. "If they don't complete and return the SBA application, they may miss out on the full range of assistance available, including FEMA grants. Returning the SBA application is an important part of the recovery process."

Applicants should know:

Filling out the SBA loan application is a necessary step to be considered for all forms of disaster assistance. Applicants may be eligible for more aid. If the SBA is unable to approve a loan, the applicant may be referred back to FEMA for other programs, including grants to repair or replace essential household items, clothing, vehicles, or cover storage expenses.

SBA offers low-interest, federal disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private, nonprofit organizations for their uncompensated losses. Disaster loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace their primary residence. Homeowners and renters are eligible for up to $40,000 to replace damaged personal property.

Businesses of any size and private, nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace their property damage and/or economic losses.

SBA customer service representatives are available at the following two Disaster Loan Outreach Centers (DLOCs) to issue loan applications, answer questions about SBA's disaster loan program, help individuals complete their applications, and close their loans. No appointment is necessary.

The DLOCs are open Mondays through Fridays, from 9 am to 5:30 pm, until further notice. Both centers will be closed for the 4th of July holiday.

Disaster Loan Outreach Center
Piedmont High School
1055 Edmond Road NW
Piedmont, OK

Disaster Loan Outreach Center
Blanchard Middle School - Cafeteria
400 N. Harrison
Blanchard, OK

SBA disaster loan information and application forms are also available from SBA's Customer Service Center by calling SBA at (800) 659-2955, or visiting SBA's Web site at  Hearing impaired individuals may call (800) 877-8339.

Additionally, applicants may apply for an SBA disaster loan using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA's secure Web site at

To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance, disaster survivors must first call FEMA at (800) 621-FEMA (3362), or by visit...

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: