Main Content

Disaster Recovery Centers Open in Hardin and Henry Counties

Release date: 
June 22, 2011
Release Number: 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Disaster Recovery Centers are opening for a second time in Hardin and Henry counties to assist survivors of the recent severe storms, tornadoes and flooding.

Their locations and hours of operation are:

Hardin County
Hardin County Sheriff's Department
7120 Highway 57
Counce, TN 38326
(Entrance to room is off Harding Road)
Hours 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CDT Saturday, June 25, Monday, June 27

Henry County
Rhea Elementary School
115 South Wilson Street
Paris, TN 38242
Hours 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CDT Saturday, June 25, through Monday, June 27

Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Tennessee Emergency Management Agency, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other agencies are staffing the centers to explain disaster assistance programs and help survivors apply.

In addition to visiting the recovery centers, disaster survivors can register or get help from FEMA if they:

Call FEMA's toll-free Helpline, 800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT. The TTY number is 800-462-7585. Or go online to or through smartphone or tablet at

For information about SBA low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofit organizations, call 800-659-2955. The TTY number is 800-877-8339. Online, go to

Federal disaster assistance can include grants for rental assistance, home repairs, personal property losses and other serious disaster-related needs.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

FEMA's housing assistance and Other Needs Assistance grants for medical, dental, and funeral expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be considered for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.  Applicants who do not qualify for a SBA loan may be eligible to receive Other Needs Assistance grants for these items.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: