Main Content

Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Kingfisher County

Main Content
Release date: 
June 22, 2011
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will open a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in Kingfisher County to help Oklahomans affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding of May 22-25.

The Kingfisher DRC will open Monday, June 27 at the multi-use activity center:

MA Center (Show Barn)
300 Block S. 13th Street
Kingfisher, OK 73750
Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Thursday, June 30.

Representatives from OEM, FEMA, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and other state and federal agencies will be available to answer questions, help with disaster loan applications and provide recovery information. FEMA does not distribute cash, check, debit cards or vouchers at DRCs.

"DRCs serve as one-stop shops for disaster recovery," said State Coordinating Officer and OEM Director Albert Ashwood. "If you're a homeowner, renter or business owner who suffered damage from the May storms, visit the Kingfisher DRC. Seven counties are designated for Individual Assistance: Caddo, Canadian, Delaware, Grady, Kingfisher, Logan and McClain Counties.

To shorten your time at any DRC, register beforehand by phone or online. Call 800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 800-462-7585 for the hearing or speech impaired to apply for disaster assistance before Aug. 5, 2011. Online, visit Smart phone users may go to

"We encourage you to register with FEMA -- even if you have insurance," said Federal Coordinating Officer William J. Doran III. "Once your claim has been settled, you may receive help for losses not covered in your policy."

Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for: rent and home repairs, personal property replacement, and reimbursement for serious disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance or other sources. Assistance may also include low-interest, federal disaster loans from the SBA.

SBA offers disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private, nonprofit organizations for their uncompensated losses. Homeowners may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence. Homeowners and renters may borrow up to $40,000 to replace personal property. Businesses may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace their property damage and/or economic losses.

For additional information on SBA disaster loan assistance, call SBA at 800-659-2955, or visit Hearing impaired individuals may call 800-877-8339.

Four other DRCs are open for those who need one-on-one help:

Piedmont High School (open June 10 until 7 p.m. on June 25)
1055 Edmond Road NW
Piedmont, OK in Canadian County
Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays

Community Center (open June 17 until 7 p.m. on June 30)
429 9th Street
Jay, OK in Delaware County
Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 26

Central Elementary School (open June 20 until 7 p.m. on June 25)
321 East Noble Avenue
Guthrie, OK in Logan County
Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays

McClain County
Blanchard Intermediate School (open June 10 until 7 p.m. on June 25)
400 N. Harrison
Blanchard, OK in McClain County...

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: