Disaster Recovery Center Closes In Stewart County

Main Content
Release date: 
June 21, 2011
Release Number: 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Disaster Recovery Center in Stewart County will close at 8 p.m. CDT, Friday, June 24, 2011.

The center, at the Stewart County Visitor Center in Dover, has been helping survivors of the recent severe storms, tornadoes and flooding. Its closure does not mean federal assistance is at an end.

Help is still just a phone call or mouse click away.

Individuals can register with FEMA or ask questions about an existing application by calling FEMA's toll-free helpline at 800-621-FEMA (3362) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT. The TTY number is 800-462-7585. Or go online to www.disasterassistance.gov or through smartphone or tablet to m.fema.gov.

For information about U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofit organizations, call 800-659-2955. The TTY number is 800-877-8339. Online, go to www.sba.gov.

Individuals also may visit another Tennessee Disaster Recovery Center after the one in Stewart County closes. To find a list of locations, go to www.fema.gov/drclocator.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

FEMA's housing assistance and Other Needs Assistance grants for medical, dental, and funeral expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be considered for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses. Applicants who do not qualify for a SBA loan may be eligible to receive Other Needs Assistance grants for these items.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top