Federal Grants to Repair Infrastructure Now Possible in Four More Arkansas Counties

Main Content
Release date: 
June 16, 2011
Release Number: 

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Federal disaster assistance has been extended once more as a result of the storms, tornadoes and flooding that struck the state beginning April 14, the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said Thursday.

The latest amendment to the May 2 presidential disaster declaration for Arkansas adds four more counties to the list of 52 already set to receive federal aid under FEMA's Public Assistance program. The newly added counties are Arkansas, Monroe, Phillips and Poinsett.

Public Assistance funds go to the state, state agencies, local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations (the applicants) to clean up debris and/or repair infrastructure damaged as a result of a disaster. Under the program, FEMA obligates funds to the state for 75 percent of applicants' eligible costs, while the state and applicants share the remaining 25 percent.

More information about FEMA's Public Assistance program can be found at www.fema.gov/public-assistance-local-state-tribal-and-non-profit.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top