Disaster Recovery Center Opens in Lincoln County

Main Content
Release date: 
June 15, 2011
Release Number: 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A new Disaster Recovery Center is open in Lincoln County to help individuals and businesses affected by the recent severe storms, tornadoes and flooding.

It is located at the 911 Center in Fayetteville, 414 Jay Street, Fayetteville, TN 37334. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., CDT, daily.

Representatives from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Tennessee Emergency Management Agency, the U.S. Small Business Administration and other agencies are staffing the center to explain disaster assistance programs and help survivors apply.

In addition to visiting the recovery center, disaster survivors can register or get help from FEMA if they:
Call FEMA's toll-free helpline at 800-621-3362. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can call (TTY) 800-462-7585. Lines are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and multilingual assistance is available. Online registration is available at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or through smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov.

For information about SBA low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofit organizations, call 800-659-2955. The TTY number is 800-877-8339. Online, go to www.sba.gov.

Federal disaster assistance can include grants for rental assistance, home repairs, personal property losses and other serious disaster-related needs.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

FEMA's housing assistance and Other Needs Assistance grants for medical, dental, and funeral expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be considered for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses. Applicants who do not qualify for a SBA loan may be eligible to receive Other Needs Assistance grants for these items.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top