Two Weeks Left to Register with FEMA and Return Loan Applications To SBA

Main Content
Release date: 
June 14, 2011
Release Number: 

CLINTON, Miss. -- he deadline for Mississippi survivors of the April 15 - 28 tornadoes and storms to register for federal disaster assistance is Tuesday, June 28, 2011.

Many forms of assistance may be available to help individuals and business owners recover and rebuild if they register. For example, the Individuals and Households Program provides funds directly to households affected by the disaster to assist with minor repairs and clean up, rental assistance for temporary housing, and other disaster-related needs.

Low-interest disaster loans are available to both home and business owners through the U.S. Small Business Administration. Farmers and ranchers who lost livestock or had damage to crops, farm buildings and other agricultural assets also may be eligible for loans from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The 29 counties facing the June 28 deadline are: Alcorn, Attala, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Clarke, Clay, Coahoma, DeSoto, Greene, Grenada, Hinds, Holmes, Jasper, Kemper, Lafayette, Leflore, Marshall, Monroe, Montgomery, Neshoba, Newton, Panola, Quitman, Smith, Sunflower, Tishomingo, Tunica, Webster and Winston.

Survivors can register for aid, get information about assistance programs and follow up on their applications by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 800-462-7585 for those with speech or hearing impairments. Multi-lingual operators are available to answer calls. Residents also can register online anytime at

"The deadline to register for disaster assistance is rapidly approaching," said Federal Coordinating Officer Terry Quarles. "We urge all disaster survivors to register before it's too late."

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top