21 Counties Now Eligible for Infrastructure Losses

Main Content
Release date: 
June 11, 2011
Release Number: 

MARION, Ill. -- Twenty-one southern Illinois counties are now designated for Public Assistances (PA) or infrastructure losses, which opens the door to federal reimbursement for state and local governments and certain private nonprofit (PNP) organizations for eligible disaster-related infrastructure costs.

The initial 14 counties declared on June 7 are now eligible for both Individual and Public Assistance.  These include the counties of Alexander, Franklin, Gallatin, Hardin, Jackson, Lawrence, Massac, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Saline, White and Williamson.  Seven new counties, designated for PA only, are Hamilton, Jefferson, Marion, Union, Wabash, Washington and Wayne.

Under the cost-share PA program, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funds 75 percent of the approved cost for eligible work, such as debris removal, emergency services related to the disaster, and repairing or replacing damaged public facilities, such as roads, bridges, buildings, utilities and recreation areas. The state manages the grants for all projects. 

Application procedures for local governments and certain PNPs will be explained at a series of state applicant briefings.  The meeting locations and dates will be announced when finalized.

Follow FEMA online at blog.fema.gov, www.twitter.com/fema, www.facebook.com/fema, and www.youtube.com/fema.  Also, follow Administrator Craig Fugate's activities at www.twitter.com/craigatfema. The social media links provided are for reference only. 

FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.  FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top