NEW BERLIN, Wis. – Nearly one month into the federal disaster declaration for Grant and Milwaukee counties, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Wisconsin Emergency Management (WEM) announce that more than $38,689,237 has been approved to help residents and businesses recover from July 20-24 storms, tornadoes and flooding.
Of the $38.6 million:
- $36,463,232 in individual assistance grants has been approved for 18,670 disaster survivors;
- $1,799,900 has been approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in low-interest loans for homeowners, renters and businesses of all sizes; and
- $426,105 in public assistance funds has been obligated to repair public facilities and damaged infrastructure as well as provide for debris removal and emergency protective measures.
The following includes additional FEMA disaster assistance statistics for Grant and Milwaukee counties as of the close of business Oct, 14:
27,164 registrations have been received for individual assistance.
Of the $36,463,232 in individual assistance approved:
- $27,337,055 is for housing assistance; and
- $9,126,177 is for other needs assistance.
3,586 homeowners and renters have been provided rental assistance.
- 747 are homeowners; and
- 2,839 are renters.
404 residents have received information about available rental resources.
24,968 inspections have been completed.
- 55 inspectors are in the field; and
- 2 days is the average turnaround time for inspections.
85,630 individuals have been reached by Community Relations specialists by providing English, Spanish, Hmong, Laotian and Vietnamese disaster assistance information to:
- 4,798 homes;
- 425 businesses;
- 83 houses of worship; and
- 96 agencies.
3,559 people have visited a Disaster Recovery Center.
14,028 SBA low-interest disaster assistance loan applications have been issued.
$1,799,900 has been approved in SBA low-interest disaster assistance loans:
- $1,615,600 to 101 homeowners and renters; and
- $184,300 to 11 business owners.
$352,695 has been obligated to the state in public assistance funds.
To receive federal assistance, residents in the affected counties must register with FEMA before the Nov. 17 deadline. Register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov...