NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has amended the list of 24 Arkansas counties eligible to receive federal funding for the severe storms and flooding during the period of Dec. 23 to Jan. 2, to include Pulaski County.
The designation means that local governments in Pulaski County are eligible to apply for federal assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures and repairing, restoring or replacing damaged public facilities. Disaster assistance also may be provided to certain private nonprofit organizations that operate and maintain educational, utility, emergency, medical, custodial care and other essential government facilities.
“This amendment means that state agencies and local governments in Pulaski County are eligible to apply for federal assistance to fund 75 percent of the approved costs under the Public Assistance Program,” said Federal Coordinating Officer Kevin L. Hannes.
Pulaski County joins the following counties previously approved under DR-1872 – Bradley, Calhoun, Clark, Clay, Cleveland, Craighead, Dallas, Drew, Grant, Greene, Hempstead, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lincoln, Lonoke, Miller, Monroe, Nevada, Ouachita, Poinsett, Prairie, White and Woodruff.
“We are pleased that FEMA is continuing to provide public assistance funding to eligible local governments, said State Coordinating Officer Rich Griffin. “These funds are essential to their recovery efforts.”
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.