Deadline Set For State And Local Agencies To Request Federal Disaster Assistance

Main Content
Release date: 
December 19, 2009
Release Number: 
1861-004

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- A Jan. 2 deadline is set for state agencies, local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations in some designated Arkansas counties to apply for federal funds to help offset eligible expenses related to tornadoes and storms in late October.

Applicants must submit Requests for Public Assistance (RPA) to the state within 30 days of the date the area was designated part of the federal major disaster declaration.

Jan. 2 is the deadline to submit RPAs for Boone, Bradley, Calhoun, Carroll, Cleburne, Cleveland, Columbia, Conway, Cross, Dallas, Franklin, Fulton, Grant, Izard, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lincoln, Logan, Marion, Monroe, Nevada, Newton, Ouachita, Poinsett, Prairie, Pulaski, Randolph, Saint Francis, Scott, Sharp, Stone, Union, Van Buren, White and Woodruff Counties.

These areas were designated eligible for Public Assistance (PA) on Dec. 3.

Jan. 15 is the deadline for state agencies, local governments and certain private non-profit organizations in Drew County to submit RPAs to the State. Drew County was designated eligible for federal PA funds on Dec.16.

To date, state agencies, local governments and private nonprofits have submitted 55 RPAs under all categories of work: debris removal, emergency protective measures, road and bridge systems, water control facilities, public utilities and parks and recreation projects. FEMA will pay 75 percent of eligible costs of public assistance projects and the state will cover the remaining 25 percent.

For more information or questions on eligibility, contact your county emergency manager.

Editors: For more information on Arkansas disaster recovery, visit online at www.fema.gov or www.adem.arkansas.gov/.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top