Disaster Recovery Center Opens In Grygla

Main Content
Release date: 
May 18, 2009
Release Number: 

MOORHEAD, Minn. -- A Mobile Disaster Recovery Center (MDRC) will open in Grygla on Wednesday to assist those affected by flooding in eastern Marshall County. The center is operated jointly by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

Location and hours for the MDRC are:

Grygla Community Center
127 N. Main
Grygla, MN 56727

Wednesday, May 20, noon to 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 21, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, May 22, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

DRCs provide residents the opportunity to meet face-to-face with representatives from state and federal agencies and find answers to questions they may have about the recovery process.   Individuals are encouraged to apply for assistance before visiting a DRC by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or TTY 1-800-462-7585. FEMA operators are available 6 a.m. to midnight CDT seven days a week. Registration can be completed anytime online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.

Visitors to the DRC will find information on:

  • FEMA and State disaster assistance programs.
  • Smart building techniques to reduce damage from future floods.
  • Flood insurance. 

SBA representatives will be available at the DRC to meet with each resident or business owner to answer questions about the SBA disaster loan program, help them complete their disaster loan applications and to accept completed applications. Anyone unable to visit a center should call 1-800-659-2955 or visit the SBA Web site at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance.gov

FEMA leads and supports the nation in a risk-based, comprehensive emergency management system of preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation, to reduce the loss of life and property and protect the nation from all hazards including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top