San Juan, Puerto Rico -- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster recovery officials announced today, that the Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) in the municipalities of Cabo Rojo, Humacao, Patillas and Yabucoa will cease operations on Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 6:00 p.m.
The DRCs have served residents and businesses which were affected by the severe storms and flooding from September 21 to October 3, 2008 and are located at:
- Cabo Rojo: Centro Comunal Comunidad Combate, 3301 Rd. Km. 3.0
- Humacao: Cancha Emilio E. Huyke Ave. Tejas, Carr 908
- Patillas: Centro de los Placeros, Calle Francisco Ort?z #32 (interior)
- Yabucoa: Cancha Pedro Albizu Campos, Carr 901, Urb. M?ndez
The DRC in Ponce will become a Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Outreach Center (DLOC) to assist residents with the SBA disaster loan application process.? The center is located at:
- Ponce: Area Enfermer?a Parque Paquito Montaner, Carr. Ramal #2 y Esq. Eduardo Ruberte
The SBA DLOC operating hours will be Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.? This center will close permanently on February 5, 2009.
Residents affected by the storms and flooding and who already registered can call FEMA's helpline at 1-800-621-3362, TTY 1-800-462-7585 or go online at www.disasterassistance.gov? to follow up on the status of their applications.
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.