SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced today that the Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) will remain open Monday, January 19, 2009, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Day Holiday.
DRCs operating hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., until further notice.? DRCs are located at:
- Cabo Rojo: Centro Comunal Comunidad Combate, 3301 Rd. Km. 3.0
- Humacao: Cancha Emilio E. Huyke Ave. Tejas, Carr 908
- Patillas: Centro de los Placeros, Calle Francisco Ort?z #32 (interior)
- Ponce: Area Enfermer?a Parque Paquito Montaner, Carr. Ramal #2 y Esq. Eduardo Ruberte
- Yabucoa: Cancha Pedro Albizu Campos, Carr 901, Urb. M?ndez
Individuals who applied for disaster assistance with FEMA and want to verify the status of their application should call FEMA's Helpline toll-free number at 1-800-621-3362, for the speech- or hearing-impaired the TTY number is 1-800-462-7585. ?Also, applicants may access FEMA's website www.disasterassistance.gov.
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.