SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico -- The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) officials announced today, that the Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) in the municipalities of Juncos, Maunabo, Naguabo and Salinas will cease operations at the close of business Thursday, January 15, 2009 at 6:00 p.m.
The DRCs have served 11,941 residents and businesses which were affected by the severe storms and flooding from September 21 to October 3, 2008 and are located at:
- Juncos: Antiguo Edificio COOP, Calle Paseo Escute
- Maunabo: Centro Comunal Residencial Martorel, 300 Avenida Kennedy
- Naguabo: Coliseo Municipal, Carretera 31
- Salinas: Museo Salinas, Calle Palmer esquina Esteb?n Ramos (pueblo Salinas)
Residents affected by the storms and flooding should call before Thursday, January 15, 2009 to apply for FEMA assistance at 1-800-621-3362, TTY 1-800-462-7585 or online at www.disasterassistance.gov.? They can also follow up on the status of their applications at the same numbers and online.
The following centers will remain open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., and on Saturdays 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., until further notice:
- Cabo Rojo: Centro Comunal Comunidad Combate, 3301 Rd. Km. 3.0
- Humacao: Cancha Emilio E. Huyke Ave. Tejas, Carr 908
- Patillas: Centro de los Placeros, Calle Francisco Ort?z #32 (interior)
- Ponce: Area Enfermer?a Parque Paquito Montaner, Carr. Ramal #2 y Esq. Eduardo Ruberte
- Yabucoa: Cancha Pedro Albizu Campos, Carr 901, Urb. M?ndez
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.