COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) have obligated $123,215 in Public Assistance (PA) reimbursement funds to the City of Springboro for expenses incurred during the September 14 wind storm.
The PA program is helping state and local governments as well as certain Private Non-Profit organizations (PNPs) recover from the storm that blew through the state September 14. The storm left behind tons of debris in the streets, damaged public buildings, left millions without power and shut down or damaged electric cooperatives.
The reimbursement to the city covers the salary expenses and equipment costs that were incurred during the removal of storm debris.
FEMA pays 75 percent of eligible costs and the applicants are responsible for the remaining 25 percent. Disbursement of the federal funds by the State of Ohio will be made available upon receipt and processing of all required documentation.
The 33 counties included in the federal declaration are Ashland, Brown, Butler, Carroll, Champaign, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Coshocton, Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Greene, Guernsey, Hamilton, Harrison, Highland, Hocking, Holmes, Knox, Licking, Madison, Miami, Montgomery, Morrow, Perry, Pickaway, Preble, Shelby, Summit, Tuscarawas, Union and Warren. Under the declaration, affected local governments became eligible to apply for federal assistance to supplement local response efforts to the storm.
Teams of federal project specialists are working with local officials representing 779 affected local governments, state agencies and certain private non-profit organizations to examine disaster-related damages and associated costs and to help applicants complete the necessary paperwork.
Federal aid is available for local governments and private non profits only. Individuals seeking aid should contact their personal insurance agency and local social service groups in their communities.
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.