Another Disaster Recovery Center To Open In Santa Rosa

Main Content
Release date: 
August 21, 2008
Release Number: 

McALLEN, Texas -- Another federal-state Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will open Friday, Aug. 22, in Cameron County to assist individuals, households and businesses affected by Hurricane Dolly.

The new DRC will be at the Trinity Home Care Hall, 405 Farm-to-Market Road 506, Santa Rosa, Texas, 78593. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from 1 to 7 p.m. Sunday.

Seven DRCs are now open to help those affected by Hurricane Dolly

Cameron County

Trinity Home Care Hall
405 Farm-to-Market Road 506
Santa Rosa, TX 78593
Open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and from  1 to 7 p.m. Sunday.

Suites at Sunchase
1004 Padre Blvd.
South Padre Island
TX 78597
Open Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. to
7 p.m.
On Sunday: 1 to 7 p.m.
(open until further notice)

San Benito Public Safety Bld.
400 N. Travis St.
San Benito
TX 78586
*Location also known as The Cameron Health and Service Center and the WIC Clinic
Open Aug. 18 to Aug. 22
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Harlingen Municipal
204 Fair Park Blvd.
TX 78550
Open Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. to7 p.m.
On Sunday: 1 to 7 p.m.
(open until further notice)

Hidalgo County

La Villa Middle School
500 E. Ninth St.
La Villa
TX  78562

Community Resource Center
509 E. Earling Road
San Juan
TX 78589
Open Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
On Sunday: 1 to 7 p.m.
(open until further notice)

Willacy County

American Legion
211 W. Hidalgo Ave.
TX 78580
Open Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
On Sunday: 1 to 7 p.m.
(open until further notice)

Representatives from state agencies, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) staff the centers. 

Applicants for disaster assistance should register by calling FEMA toll-free 800-621-FEMA (3362). Those with a speech or hearing impairment may call TTY 800-462-7585. English, Spanish and other multilingual operators are available. Applicants who have access to a computer can register online at

Once registered, FEMA disaster recovery specialists can check an individual's case, answer questions about their claim, or request information FEMA needs to process their claim. Recovery specialists can also supply contacts for other programs that may be able to help.

SBA provides low-interest loans to cover the uncompensated losses for personal contents up to $40,000 for both homeowners and renters and up to $200,000 for homeowners for physical damage to their primary residence. The SBA also provides low-interest loans up to $2 million for uncompensated physical losses suffered by businesses of any size and private, non-profit organizations. Additionally, working capital loans are available for economic injuries sustained by small businesses in the declared counties and the adjoining counties. The combination of the two business loans cannot exceed $2 million.

The deadline for applicants to register for FEMA assistance is Sept. 30 

FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: 
Back to Top