DENVER, Colo. -- Federal and state officials want to remind residents of Larimer and Weld counties that the deadline to register for disaster assistance is July 25, 2008. While registrations cannot be accepted after the deadline, FEMA will continue to process all applications received before July 25. Registration with FEMA opens the door to a variety of federal, state, local, and voluntary programs.
It takes only a few minutes to register by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The number for those with speech or hearing impairment is 1-800-462-7585. The registration numbers are staffed from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Individuals may also register for disaster assistance at the FEMA website www.fema.gov.
Individuals and business owners who are registered may also contact the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit SBAs website at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Hearing impaired individuals may contact SBA at 1-800-877‑8339. The deadline to return SBA applications for property damage is also July 25, 2008. The deadline to return SBA economic injury loan applications is February 26, 2009.
Recovery services summary at close of business Thursday, June 26 include:
- More than $1.3 million in grants and loans have been approved.
- Grants for disaster housing assistance total $120,624.
- $164,852 in grants for other needs assistance has been approved.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved 30 low-interest loans for more than $1 million.
- 1,392 individuals have registered either using the toll-free number, 1-800-621- 3362, or online at www.fema.gov.
- 500 home inspections have been completed.
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.