AUGUSTA, Maine - The Disaster Recovery Center operated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Maine Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) in Van Buren will close at 6 p.m, Saturday, May 31. To date, more than 400 people have visited Disaster Recovery Centers in Aroostook and Penobscot counties to talk with recovery officials and get help completing U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) low-interest disaster loan applications.
The mobile Disaster Recovery Center schedule is as follows:
- Island Falls: Municipal Bldg., 68 Houlton Road, May 28-29
- Milford: Town Hall, 62 Davenport Street, May 28-29
- Masardis: Municipal Bldg, 26 School Street, May 30-31
- E Millinocket: Public Safety Bldg., 125 Main Street, May 30-31
- Washburn: Civic Center, 1287 Main Street, June 2-3
- Portage Lake: Municipal Bldg., 20 School Street, June 4-5
- Eagle Lake: Fire Dept., 36 Devoe Brook Road, June 6-7
Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A fixed site is operating in Fort Kent at the Municipal Center, 416 West Main Street, with hours of operation of 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Those who have disaster-related questions may visit the centers to meet with recovery specialists in person. Representatives of FEMA, MEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be on hand to answer questions and provide recovery information.
Even after the DRC closures, individuals can still register with FEMA or get information on disaster assistance by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) or online at www.fema.gov. The deadline for registration is July 8.