AUGUSTA, Maine - A mobile Disaster Recovery Center will be moving through disaster-affected communities in Aroostook County to assist individuals and business owners impacted by the flooding that occurred beginning April 28.
Those affected are encouraged to first register for assistance by calling toll-free 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week or register online at www.fema.gov. Registration is also available at the recovery center if needed.
The mobile Disaster Recovery Center will operate 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. for two days at the following locations:
- Island Falls (May 15-16) - Island Falls Municipal Bldg., 68 Houlton Road
- Masardis (May 17 & 19) - Masardis Municipal Bldg, 26 School Street
- Washburn (May 20-21) - Washburn Civic Center, 1287 Main Street
- Portage Lake (May 22-23) - Portage Lake Municipal Bldg., 20 School Street
Disaster Recovery Centers will be staffed with recovery specialists who are available to assist applicants who have follow-up questions. Representatives from FEMA, MEMA, voluntary agencies and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be on hand. In addition, materials on assistance programs and mitigation plans outlining how to reduce damage from future disasters will also be made available.
Two fixed-site Disaster Recovery Centers continue operations Mon. - Sat., 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. at:
- Fort Kent – Fort Kent Municipal Center, 416 West Main Street
- Van Buren – Van Buren Community Center, 130 Champlain Street