More Disaster Assistance Available for Oregon Counties Damaged by Severe Storms, Flooding, Landslides, and Mudslides

Main Content
Release date: 
December 9, 2007
Release Number: 

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) today announced that additional federal assistance will be available for individuals and communities in Columbia and Tillamook counties. The additional assistance was granted to help homeowners, renters, and businesses recover from the effects of the severe storms, flooding, landslides, and mudslides beginning on December 1, 2007, and continuing.

Federal assistance for emergency protective measures and debris removal, including direct federal assistance was made available for Clatsop, Columbia, Lincoln, Tillamook, and Yamhill counties under the President's December 8, 2007 major disaster declaration.

"FEMA will continue to coordinate with the governor to assess the need for more federal aid to assist in response and recovery efforts" said FEMA Administrator David Paulison.

Residents of Columbia and Tillamook counties may be eligible for assistance under FEMA's Individual Assistance program. The Individual Assistance program can help eligible applicants with temporary housing assistance, uninsured personal property and medical, dental, and funeral expenses caused by the disaster, and other serious unmet needs.

Those who suffered damage from the severe storms, flooding, landslides, and mudslides are encouraged to register by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585 for the hearing or speech-impaired until 10 p.m. tonight, and online at starting tomorrow. The toll-free numbers are available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (local time) Monday through Sunday beginning tomorrow.

FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top