Main Content

Friday Is The Last Day To Register For Disaster Assistance

Release date: 
October 25, 2007
Release Number: 

FINDLAY, Ohio -- Friday is the last day to register for disaster assistance.

Residents and business owners affected by the storms and flooding that hit northwest Ohio Aug. 20-28 have until the end of the day Friday, Oct. 26, to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) or to apply for a low-interest loan from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

There are two ways to register: by phone, at the toll-free registration and helpline number, 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or TTY 1-800-462-7589 for the speech- or hearing-impaired; or online at

The FEMA phone lines are open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

For more information about SBA loans, or for help in filling out a loan application, call 1-800-659-2955, or 1-800-877-8335 for the hearing-impaired. If possible, visit an SBA Disaster Loan Outreach Center to get a form and help filling it out.

Centers are located at the Cube in Findlay (open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.); at the Educational Service Center in Ottawa (open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.); and the YMCA in Shelby (open 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.). Business owners can use the SBA Business Outreach Center at Commercial Savings Bank in Findlay (open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fridays).

Information may be updated and will continue to be processed after Oct. 26, but all applications must be made by the deadline. Helpline representatives (at FEMA?s toll-free numbers above) are available to answer questions about assistance or check the status of an application.

The eight counties designated for federal disaster assistance for individuals and families are: Allen, Crawford, Hancock, Hardin, Putnam, Richland, Seneca and Wyandot.

FEMA coordinates the federal government?s role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: