URBANDALE, Iowa -- Families and individuals who suffered damage from severe storms, flooding, and tornadoes May 5-7 have been approved to receive more than $3.9 million in disaster assistance, including grants from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and loans from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
Recovery Summary as of close of business June 21, 2007:
- 1,420 individuals have registered for Individual Assistance.
- $1.9 million in Individual Assistance has been approved.
- $1.6 million in Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loans has been approved.
- Over $350,000 has been approved for Public Assistance to local governments and certain non-profits.
- 1,071 home inspections have been completed. The average inspection turnaround time is 1 day.
- 759 individuals have visited the Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) and the mobile DRC.
Homeowners, renters and business owners who sustained damage from the severe storms, flooding, and tornadoes may update their information by calling the FEMA tele-registration number, 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY 800-462-7585 for the speech-or hearing-impaired, or online at www.fema.gov.
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.