PIERRE, S.D. -- The Disaster Recovery Center in Redfield will close at 8 p.m. Friday, according to state and federal emergency management agencies.
Since opening May 21, the center, located in the Redfield Developmental Services administration building, has helped the recovery efforts of more than 300 individuals, families and businesses affected by the severe storms and flooding of May 4-5.
People impacted by the storm can still access state and federal recovery assistance several ways. They include:
- Calling the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362), or TTY 1-800-462-7585 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CDT) Monday through Saturday, until further notice.
- Registering online with FEMA at www.fema.gov.
- Visiting the remaining fixed Disaster Recovery Center in Aberdeen from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, until further notice.
- Visiting the mobile Disaster Recovery Center from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- June 11-12: Langford Fire Department, 312 Main Street, Langford; and
- June 14-15: North Marshall Fire Department, 603 Vanderhorck, Britton.
- Calling the state’s Disaster Recovery Help Line, 1-866-737-8998 from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, until further notice. This number can also be used by people who want to request face-to-face assistance with the registration process and applying for other disaster aid.
- On Saturday, June 9, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will move to the Old Railroad Depot at 715 West 3rd Street in Redfield to operate a Disaster Loan Outreach Center. SBA representatives will continue to provide assistance in completing disaster loan applications and answering questions about SBA programs. The loan outreach center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CDT) Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
FEMA coordinates the federal government’s role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.