CLOVIS, N.M. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) in Clovis and Logan will transition into U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Outreach Centers and will continue to provide assistance to disaster victims.
"The establishment of these Disaster Loan Outreach Centers demonstrates our commitment to ensure that every qualified family and business receives the help they need to recover from this disaster," said Deputy State Coordinating Officer Jeff Phillips. SBA customer service representatives will be available at the centers to answer questions and help applicants complete their low-interest disaster loan applications.
A FEMA recovery specialist will also be at the centers to provide individual assistance with FEMA related questions. FEMA's Federal Coordinating Officer Justin Dombrowski also noted, "Help with questions on federal disaster assistance is just a phone call away. Operators at the FEMA toll-free number are available six days a week, Monday through Saturday, from 8.a.m. to 6 p.m. to answer any questions."
Hours and services provided at each location are as follows:
Logan (Quay County) 103 S. 6th Street
- The Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will be open daily, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. through Sunday, April 22, 2007. (DRC operations will close at 7:00 p.m. this Sunday, April 22).
- Beginning Monday, April 23 the office will re-open as a SBA Disaster Loan Outreach Center, and will be open Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. until further notice.
- A FEMA recovery specialist will be available at the Logan office until 6:00 p.m. Saturday, April 28, 2007.
Clovis (Curry County) Lincoln-Jackson Elementary School, 206 Alphon
- The Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) will be open daily, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. through Sunday, April 22. On Monday, April 23, hours of operation will change to 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. (DRC operations will close at 6:00 p.m. Saturday, April 28.)
- Beginning Monday, April 30, the office will re-open as a SBA Disaster Loan Outreach Center, and will be open Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. until further notice.
- A FEMA recovery specialist will be available at the Clovis office until 6:00 p.m. Friday, May 4, 2007.
Federal and state officials urge others affected by the severe storms and tornadoes on March 23, 24 to apply immediately by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585 for the hearing or speech impaired. Phone lines will be available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday until further notice. People also may register for assistance on-line at their convenience at www.fema.gov.
Anyone with questions concerning SBA disaster loan applications can call the SBA Disaster Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 or TTY 1-800-877-8339 for the hearing or speech impaired), Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. EDT. Applications may be obtained, completed and returned to any Disaster Loan Outreach Center or mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, National Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, Texas 76155. Business loan applications can also be downloaded from the SBA Web site at www.sba.gov/disaster.
FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.