December 29, 2004
- To date, over $391.7 million has been approved in federal disaster assistance to eligible applicants in the 58 declared municipalities. This aid included grants for basic needs, such as essential repairs, alternate housing and other disaster-related needs not met by insurance or other assistance programs. More than 206 thousand residents in the declared disaster area have applied for disaster assistance.
- Even after the deadline, FEMA’s support continues available, just a telephone call away. Those who already applied may reach FEMA through the Helpline at 1-800 621-3362 (TTY: 1-800-462-7585, for those with hearing or speech impairment), to check on the status of their application and other related information.
- The Helpline is a permanent FEMA service. Helpline representatives can assist those applicants who have questions, need to update or correct information on the application, verify the status of an application, or need to obtain information about disaster assistance programs.
- The Helpline is available Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., until further notice.
- FEMA applicants whose home or business were inspected two weeks ago, and have not yet received any mail from FEMA, are urged to call the FEMA Helpline, 1-800-621-3362, to confirm if mail has been remitted. If so, they must visit the US Post Office in their municipality.
- Disaster victims who are still having difficulty coping with some disaster related stress-induced problems should seek crisis counseling by calling 1-800-981-0023. The line is available daily, 24 hours a day.
- Applicants who were approved FEMA assistance should be alert to people posing as FEMA employees claiming to be authorized to recoup monies of the approved aid. FEMA never sends representatives to recover funds from aid beneficiaries. If you know of someone who has suffered from fraud schemes you may report this or other instances of fraud to the FEMA Fraud Hotline at 1-800-323-8603, available 24 hours a day. All calls are confidential.
|Municipality||Applications Received||Grants for Housing and Other Needs|
May 10, 2013 - 12:56
State/Tribal Government or Region: