FEMA Teleregistration Number Closes For July Fourth Holiday

Main Content
Release date: 
June 28, 2003
Release Number: 

Springfield, MO -- Individuals and business owners affected by the May tornadoes, severe storms and flooding who have yet to apply for state and federal disaster assistance, should note that Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) teleregistration will be closed for the July Fourth holiday.

After that holiday weekend, the phone lines will be open only one more day-Monday, July 7-to apply for assistance resulting from the May 4 through 30 disasters in the designated Missouri counties.

"The last day applications will be accepted is July 7," said Mike Karl, federal coordinating officer for the Missouri recovery effort.

Those seeking disaster assistance may call FEMA's toll free number, 800-621-FEMA (3362), or for the hearing or speech impaired, TTY, 800-462-7585. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Multilingual assistance is available when needed.

To date, 6,367 Missourians have applied for assistance. More than $30.2 million in grants and low-interest loans have been approved for Missourians affected by the disaster.

Following are the designated counties for individuals and business owners applying for Individual Assistance: Audrain, Barry, Barton, Bates, Benton, Bollinger, Boone, Buchanan, Callaway, Camden, Cape Girardeau, Cass, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dade, Dallas, Dent, Douglas, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Henry, Hickory, Howard, Iron, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Laclede, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, McDonald, Miller, Moniteau, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Newton, Osage, Perry, Pettis, Phelps, Pike, Platte, Polk, Pulaski, Ralls, Randolph, Ray, Saline, Scott, Shelby, Stoddard, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, Stone, Taney, Vernon, Washington and Webster.

Assistance includes grants for temporary disaster housing assistance; funds to repair disaster-damaged homes to a safe and sanitary living or functional condition; replacement grants for serious, disaster-related needs and expenses not covered by insurance or other assistance programs. Other assistance may be through U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) low-interest loans for individuals and businesses to repair or replace damaged property, free legal services and crisis counseling.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top