Lenexa, KS - Assistance and services are being provided in a timely manner to victims of the May storms and tornadoes.
Counties included in the Presidential disaster declaration for both public and individual assistance are Allen, Anderson, Cherokee, Crawford, Labette, Leavenworth, Meade, Miami, Neosho, Seward, Woodson and Wyandotte. Additionally, Douglas, Haskell and Osage counties are included for individual assistance only.
Recovery Summary at Close of Business June 11, 2003:
- 1,231 applications have been received through the FEMA toll free registration number 800-621-FEMA (3362), TTY: 800-462-7585.
- July 7, 2003 is the deadline to apply for all FEMA disaster assistance.
- $878,749 from the Housing Assistance has been disbursed.
- $609,166 from the Other Needs has been disbursed.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved a total of $5,514,700 in low interest disaster loans.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance program (DUA) is available for Anderson, Douglas, Osage and Woodson counties. Deadline for application is June 15, 2003.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance program is available for Haskell, Meade and Seward counties. Deadline for application is June 27, 2003.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance program is available for Allen County. Deadline for application is July 7, 2003.
- To apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance call 1-800-292-6333.
- 1,034 individuals have visited Disaster Recovery Centers located in affected counties.