Main Content

Wyandotte County Disaster Recovery Center To Close

Release date: 
June 9, 2003
Release Number: 

Lenexa, KS -- Residents who sustained losses or damage as a result of the recent storms and tornadoes that occurred between May 4 and May 30, have only five more days to visit the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center located at the Eisenhower Recreation Center, 2901 N. 72nd St. in Wyandotte County, Kansas, federal and state disaster recovery officials announced today.

"The Disaster Recovery Center will be operating until noon Saturday, June 14, 2003," said Chuck Bredahl, State Coordinating Officer.

Those affected by the disaster are still urged to register for assistance by calling toll free 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Hearing or speech impaired individuals can call TTY 1-800-462-7585.

The DRC's are staffed with experts to answer questions and provide recovery information and written materials about various assistance programs available to individuals and business owners. State and federal assistance programs include: grants for short-term rental needs, minimal home repairs, or to meet serious disaster-related needs not covered by other programs; low-interest U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loans for any disaster-related damage and/or to replace damaged personal property.

Farmers and ranchers are also encouraged to register for disaster assistance. If the primary residence on a farm or ranch was damaged or destroyed by the recent disaster, state and federal assistance may be available by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). However, FEMA programs do not cover agri-business losses. Farmers and ranchers can apply for assistance from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Farm Service Agency (FSA). For information on FSA programs, individuals should call their local county offices.

"People can still call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) and select the Helpline option to find out about assistance programs and the status of their applications," said Mike Hall, FEMA Federal Coordinating Officer.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: