Springfield, MO -- On Thursday, June 12, the Disaster Recovery Center located in the Antioch Mall in Kansas City will close at 6 p.m., leaving six Disaster Recovery Centers open in Missouri to provide disaster relief information and assistance.
Disaster Recovery Centers are coordinated by the Missouri State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Visiting a Disaster Recovery Center is not required. However, given the wide range of state and federal disaster assistance programs, many people find it helpful to utilize this resource. Recovery Centers are free and open to the public.
FEMA and SEMA officials invite Missourians to visit a Disaster Recovery Center as soon as possible so as not to miss out on the opportunity to:
- Meet face-to-face with trained disaster assistance specialists
- Inquire about an application for disaster assistance
- Get help filling out an SBA disaster loan application
- Find out how an insurance settlement affects a pending application
- Have disaster-related correspondence and paperwork explained
- Provide copies of any additional documentation required by the disaster programs (proof of occupancy, insurance settlement documents, etc.)
Recovery officials encourage those affected by the May tornadoes, severe storms and flooding to first apply for disaster assistance by calling the toll-free application number 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Persons who are hearing- or speech-impaired can apply by calling a special TTY number: 1-800-462-7565. Multilingual operators also are available when needed.
Disaster Recovery Centers
The Disaster Recovery Centers will be staffed from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday, until further notice at the following locations:
- United Methodist Church
601 Washington Street, Canton
- Christian Church Of Carl Junction
103 Hodge Street, Carl Junction
- Redeemer Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall
1620 Boyd Street, Desoto
- National Guard Armory
224 W. Park Street, Jackson
- Antioch Mall, Northland Neighborhood, Inc.
5312 N.E. Chouteau Trafficway, Kansas City (Closes 6 p.m., June 12)
- Old First National Bank
108 S. Hickory, Mt. Vernon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
South Highway 39, Stockton