Baylor Receives $5 Million FEMA Grant

Main Content
Release date: 
May 20, 2003
Release Number: 
R6-03-18

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said today it has obligated $5 million to replace equipment that was damaged by Tropical Storm Allison in June 2001 at Baylor College of Medicine.

"We have worked hard for nearly two years to help communities and organizations recover from Tropical Storm Allison," said Michael D. Brown, FEMA director and under secretary for Emergency Preparedness and Response in the Department of Homeland Security. "The grant announced today moves Baylor closer to completion."

FEMA provides 75 percent of the project's $6.7 million cost. The remaining 25 percent non-federal share comes from local resources.

The FEMA funds are made available under the FEMA Public Assistance Program. The State of Texas administers the program under which eligible disaster-related costs are reimbursed to government units and some non-profit organizations in the areas of emergency protective measures, debris removal and restoration of public facilities.

Last Updated: 
July 19, 2012 - 23:02
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top