The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will evaluate off-site activities around the Waterford 3 Steam Electric Station during a nuclear power plant exercise on Wednesday, May 21. This exercise will test how well Waterford 3 and the state and local governments can protect people who live near the nuclear power plant.
FEMA will present preliminary findings of the off-site exercise in a public meeting at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 22, at the Percy Herbert Building, 1801 W. Airline Highway, in LaPlace. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission will use FEMA's report in licensing decisions.
Event: Waterford 3 Exercise
Purpose: Graded, Biennial Radiological Emergency Preparedness Exercise
- The Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness
- The Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- St. Charles Parish Emergency Operations Center
- St. John the Baptist Parish Emergency Operations Center
- WWL Radio Station - New Orleans
- Waterford 3 Steam Electric Station