Have Insurance? Apply Anyway!

Main Content
Release date: 
May 11, 2003
Release Number: 

Kansas City, KS -- Individuals who suffered damages from the severe storms and tornadoes that began May 4, may be eligible for disaster assistance from the State of Kansas and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) even if they are insured.

"If you are uninsured or under-insured for expenses, damages or losses, FEMA may be able to help," said Federal Coordinating Officer, Mike Hall. " If your losses are not fully covered, take the first step and call FEMA's toll free number 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) to register for assistance."

TTY service is available at 1-800-462-7585 for individuals who are speech and hearing impaired. Phone lines are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CDT, seven days a week until further notice.

The disaster programs available include temporary housing and rental assistance, home repair, and other disaster related needs, disaster unemployment assistance, and low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for homeowners, renters or business owners.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top