July 29, 2002
Anchorage, AK --
- To date, more than 165 residents in the 10 declared boroughs and
communities have registered for disaster assistance.
- More than 90 disaster housing checks totaling close to $250,000 have
been issued to individuals to assist with temporary housing, and minor
- Nearly 80 people visited the Disaster Recovery Center in Salcha seeking
information concerning disaster assistance.
- State officials are processing more than 90 requests for Individual
and Family Grant (IFG) assistance. Over $125,000 in grants have already
been approved. IFG may be used to cover disaster-related expenses, such
as essential home repairs, replacement of personal property, transportation,
and necessary expenses not covered by insurance or other programs.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved nearly $100,000
in low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters and businesses.
- State and local governments have submitted nearly 50 requests for
assistance from the FEMA/State Infrastructure Assistance Program, which
provides funds for the repair of public facilities such as roads, bridges,
public buildings and utilities, and for debris removal. More than $3.68
million in requests are currently in the system for approval.
- More information is available on FEMA's For the Media site, at www.fema.gov/about/media.shtm
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: